Delicious Assamese Veg Khar Recipes
- Pumpkin – 250 gm
- Leaves from white gourd – 250gm
- Onions – 2 large
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
- Green chillies - 4
- Mustard oil – 2 tablespoons
- Five spices – (1/2) teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- baking soda - 1 tablespoon
- Chop the pumpkin and white gourd leaves finely and then mash them together with a little salt. Set this mixture aside for some time.
- Slice the onions and mince the green chillies and garlic cloves. Keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil in a medium-sized pan. Add the five spices and minced green chillies to it. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the thinly sliced onions to the pan and sauté until they turn golden brown. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin and white gourd leaves mixture into the pan and cooks for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kola Khar or baking soda to the pan and cover it. Adjust the flame to low heat.
- After 12 to 15 minutes, remove the cover and serve the Khar with steaming rice.